Hi, I’m juniorprof. I’m a neuroscientist with a Pharmacology PhD (from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio). I am an assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacology at The University of Arizona School of Medicine. My NIH and Rita Allen Foundation funded lab works on pain and how pain becomes chronic. In particular we are interested in plasticity in nociceptive neurons (pain sensing neurons) and in the dorsal horn of the spinal cord (the first place where the central nervous system processes pain). You can learn more about my lab and our work here. We also dabble in mechanisms of fragile X mental retardation. You can contact me at juniorprofblog at gmail dot com.
- Amazing work from the Dalva lab!! lnkd.in/eDWVvpQ 2 months ago
- Short blog post on our work on AMPK activators for chronic pain: bodyinmind.org/ampk-metformin… 4 years ago
- NIH spends less than $0.50 per migraine patient on migraine research americanmigrainefoundation.org/support-the-fo… 5 years ago
- New article by yours truly on Pain Research Forum... What's up with PKMzeta? painresearchforum.org/news/23452-wha… 5 years ago
- or this one: informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.310… Thanks a ton 5 years ago
- anyone have access to this? onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1016/j.… PDF to juniorprofblog at gmail dot com 5 years ago
theblueflowersblog on What is hyperalgesia? What is… Sheena on What is hyperalgesia? What is… Sheena on What is hyperalgesia? What is… Sheena on What is hyperalgesia? What is… Amplified Pain… on What is hyperalgesia? What is…
July 2018 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- What is hyperalgesia? What is allodynia?
- Producers vs. Consumers, don't be a consumer (UPDATED)
- The most recent grant rejection letter
- Advice for the American scientist moving to Canada
- Rapid behavior-based identification of neuroactive small molecules in the zebrafish, Pharm 551A: Kokel et al., 2010
- 522,730 fans