Still in Helsinki and still having a grand time. Tomorrow I have the day off and will enter tourist mode. Can’t wait for that. Over the past few days I have been in Dr. Finland Collaborator’s (Dr.FC) lab talking about plans for future experiments. I think we’ve come up with about 10 years worth of work, which is obviously impossible, so now the task is to whittle down into manageable chunks. Today I got to see SuperKool technique that Dr.FC keeps telling me have to get up and running back home. I have to admit that before today I was never really able to grasp the concept of this particular SuperKool technique. After about 35 seconds watching it in the lab today, I got the message loud and clear. What a revelation these types of thing can be and what a shame they cost three arms and four legs. On the other hand, it is clear to see how much value this particular technique (which can be scaled down for our purposes to an affordable range) will add to what we do. But the point is that I doubt I ever would have really got it without seeing it in person. The whole trip has been fantastic but those first 35 seconds watching that experiment today made the trip worth its weight in gold. Now I’ve got 20 years of work to whittle down!
- Short blog post on our work on AMPK activators for chronic pain: bodyinmind.org/ampk-metformin… 1 year ago
- NIH spends less than $0.50 per migraine patient on migraine research americanmigrainefoundation.org/support-the-fo… 1 year ago
- New article by yours truly on Pain Research Forum... What's up with PKMzeta? painresearchforum.org/news/23452-wha… 2 years ago
- or this one: informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.310… Thanks a ton 2 years ago
- anyone have access to this? onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1016/j.… PDF to juniorprofblog at gmail dot com 2 years ago
- New Facebook page for University of Arizona Department of Pharmacology on.fb.me/OWPl1v 2 years ago
- 373,509 fans