Hi, I’m juniorprof. I’m a neuroscientist with a Pharmacology PhD (from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio). I am an assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacology at The University of Arizona School of Medicine. My NIH and Rita Allen Foundation funded lab works on pain and how pain becomes chronic. In particular we are interested in plasticity in nociceptive neurons (pain sensing neurons) and in the dorsal horn of the spinal cord (the first place where the central nervous system processes pain). You can learn more about my lab and our work here. We also dabble in mechanisms of fragile X mental retardation. You can contact me at juniorprofblog at gmail dot com.
- Short blog post on our work on AMPK activators for chronic pain: bodyinmind.org/ampk-metformin… 11 months ago
- NIH spends less than $0.50 per migraine patient on migraine research americanmigrainefoundation.org/support-the-fo… 1 year ago
- New article by yours truly on Pain Research Forum... What's up with PKMzeta? painresearchforum.org/news/23452-wha… 1 year ago
- or this one: informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.310… Thanks a ton 1 year ago
- anyone have access to this? onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1016/j.… PDF to juniorprofblog at gmail dot com 1 year ago
- New Facebook page for University of Arizona Department of Pharmacology on.fb.me/OWPl1v 2 years ago
Deborah Davidson on What is hyperalgesia? What is… Kristal on Question lrae2014 on What is hyperalgesia? What is… LAF on What is hyperalgesia? What is… clik here for more on The semester is over!!
October 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 327,071 fans